List of Documents Required for e-Visa to India:
- Copy of signed passport valid for 6 months from day of application, and with at least two blank visa pages for Indian visa stamps. Amendment pages are not acceptable for visa stamps
- One paper application per applicant completed, printed and signed. Signature must be original on each visa application. Improperly completed forms may delay the processing of your visa.
- a. The Application Form should be printed on 2 separate sheet of paper, no front to back print out will be accepted.
Note: Please make sure that the Application Form prints completely with the port of entry and exit completely printed at the bottom as well as the bar code.
- b. Make Sure you have filled the Application Form correctly otherwise it will not be accepted, as We are not allowed to modify any details.
Note: The address for the reference in India must be complete with the phone number, city, sector, street, and six digit pin code. If staying at a hotel include the complete address and phone number of the hotel as it appears on their website.
- Format JPEG
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
- Make sure that photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
- · Proof of residential address in the United States: Clear copy of applicant's driver's license, utility bill or phone bill. Address on the document must match address on the visa application form.
- AND -
Copy of Birth Certificate: A photocopy of the applicant's birth certificate showing parents' names, date of birth and nationality. Any birth certificates that do not originate from the US or India must be translated into English and must be notarized.
- Minors:The visa application must be signed by both parents and a copy of both parents' signed passports must be submitted. A copy of a parent's driver's license or utility bill can be used for proof of residential address in the US
For minors below 18 of age:
- Birth certificate: Copy or any government issued document which shows parents name, date of birth and nationality.
- US Born: Only birth certificates are accepted for applicants born in the US.
- Born Abroad certificate: If the applicant is born abroad as a United States citizen, a copy of the Born Abroad certificate issued by the state department must be presented.
- India Born: Those born in India can use their birth certificate, old Indian passport or school leaving certificate
- All Others Citizens: The minor applicant not born in the US or India should submit a birth certificate or any government document from the country of origin that has parents name, date of birth and nationality. The documents must be translated into English and notarized.
- Parents Signed: A copy of the vital page(s) containing the picture and signature page of both parents signed passports
- Visa applications for minors should have the applicant (minor) sign or print their names on the first page in the signature box under the photo. If the minor cannot sign or print his/her name a thumb print with black or blue ink must be placed in the signature box. Note:Applications without the minors thumb print on the first page will not be accepted.
- Visa applications for minors should contain both parent's signatures which have been duly notarized with a notary stamp and seal on the second page only, minors do not sign the second page of the application.
Note: Applications without both parent's signatures will not be accepted
- For child above 5 years: signature under the photograph is mandatory. Below 5 years, thump print. Parents